Saturday, May 15, 2010

"youre a wolf, boy get out of this town..."

sometimes i really like being right.
this is one of those moments that makes me sit back, kick my feet up, put my hands behind my head, and smile with a quirky grin and think 'i told you so'

let me preface.

i love concerts. always have. i'm not talking big arena, way too many people being obnoxious, crappy band concerts.
i'm talking small, intimate, sweaty because youre in a little room with no a/c, youre so close to the band that you can see the passion in their eyes, concerts.
i'm hooked. like a drug.

many years ago, someone
(i wont say names, but i do like this person,they just gave bad advice)
told me..well challenged me... to stop going to shows.
told me that i would never find a respectable young man to date and marry that would go to shows with me.
he said that a concert is no place to meet guys.
i tried to explain to him that i went to shows to hear music, not to pick up on guys, but this concept was lost on him. he could not understand how a girl could be into that kind of music scene (he was a part of this music scene in his younger days)

i told him i wouldnt stop going to shows. it was part of my life blood.

he told me that i would never have a nice young man that would go to shows with me once i was married, and when i was married, it would be inappropriate for me to go alone, so i should stop now.

this brings us to present day...

as i stood there listening to sea wolf, head bobbing to the music,
the conversation from the past that was long forgotten popped into my head.

i looked to the left of me, and there was my good respectable husband standing next to me, singing right along.

and i grinned.
i love being right.

5 comments:

Tanner and Shasta said...

I totally remember when he told you that. It's funny how some people think something is "bad" just because it's not their idea of a good time. Good thing you've always just been "you" and not let other people's opinions about life dictate yours. :) Ok wow did I just sound like a Hallmark card? I did. That's super embarrassing.

P.S. I saw brother Petromala (ok so I have no idea how to spell it) at Neilsons last night. Remember how he's like the sweetest man ever.

Beth Ann said...

You are SO right...One of our favorite things to do is go to concerts! My latest insecurity is feeling like one of the oldest ones there though...:)

Ruth said...

I love this post! I totally understand (and I love how you phrased)"being so close you can see the passion in their eyes"...awesome. Remind me why we don't hang out?

erika jill said...

oh boy, i remember that. you had fire in your eyes you were so angry. good job for finding someone that is still awesome and will go to shows with you. Even though...he doesn't wear proper gym clothes to the gym (plaid shorts with a belt..haha) i guess if you hadn't found cosmo...i would have been and exceptional partner to go with! :D haha. you love me.

Cheryl Elmer said...

Are you ever wrong?