Monday, January 26, 2009

"grandpa, tell me 'bout the good old days"

happy 80th birthday grandpa!
at the beginning of january we took a trip up to utah for a surprise party for my grandpa sperry.
he was able to have all of his kids, grandkids, and great grand kids all there.
grandpa sperry and me

just some decorations they had up.
i LOVE this picture of my grandpa in the army.
he served our country in the korean war.

waiting to eat.
dont worry, we took about 8 pictures and this was the most normal face he had in any of them..
sigh..i love him.

each family got up and had a little presentation for my grandpa.
this is just my family singing.
then ALL of the family got up and sang to just my grandpa.

"grandpa, tell me 'bout the good old days.
sometimes it feels like this worlds gone crazy
grandpa, take me back to yesterday,
when the line between right and wrong didn't seem so hazy
did lovers really fall in love to stay? and stand beside each other come what may?
was a promise really something people kept?
not just something they would say
did families really bow their heads to pray?
did daddies really never go away?
oh, grandpa, tell me 'bout the good old days"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Grandpa is super cute! I love all of his different boots. Looks like you guys had a blast!

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

Who sings that song?
Sounds familiar but I have no idea where i've heard it!
Nice that you guys were able to make it for the big day and spend time with your family! I love family!
I could go on and on about them.. but I won't.
:]
Be thankful ha ha

Tanner and Shasta said...

Oh my gosh I love that song. Looks like you had fun. Your Grandpa is so sweet. I still want to see the boots picture.;) You and I need to take a trip I miss everyone.

Cheryl Elmer said...

You do know that is a country song right!!!! Yes! Point for me! The Judds in case you were wondering.