Monday, January 12, 2009

away in a manger

its a tradition in our family that once you get married, my grandma hand paints you your own nativity set. i have watched my mom set hers up on top of the piano year after year since i was little, and it is one of my favorite things about christmas.
i never thought the day would come that i would get mine, so literally one of the first things out of my mouth after cosmo proposed was- "yes!! i FINALLY get my nativity set!!!" (this is a true story. cosmo can vouch for me)
i was so excited to get it this christmas and it was one of my favorite gifts received.

after we opened it and unwrapped all of the figures, cosmo was comparing it to my parents set and realized that we didnt have a camel like theirs. my grandma kindly told him that only some of the first sets made had camels because she hasnt been able to find them. cosmo then so kindly told her that he would not be satisfied until we had a camel.
i figured it was a friendly argument that was shrugged aside and forgotten about, but when ken and delaina came down later for christmas, they brought a small package for cosmo. he opened it and there was our camel.

he apparently opened a flood gate because now everyone else wants one too...
sorry grandma.....
but thank you so much for our nativity set! it means so much to me and i will treasure it forever! especially cosmo's camel.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Your Grandma is AMAZING!! I seriously love the Nativity set and the camel definetly makes it even better. I'm glad that Cosmo had fun snowboarding and came back in one piece.