Tuesday, January 19, 2010

pity party. table for one.

since i STILL cant download pictures onto my computer, i'll get some advice from everyone in another pictureless post....

Remember Jeremiah ?

well.... i went back for a trim. a TRIM.
nothing more. nothing less.

i raved about how much i loved his last hair cut, and i told him i wanted it exactly the same, just my ends needed to be trimmed up because i torture them with my blow dryer and flat iron daily.

i went in with a smile. i came out with tears. (my poor husband... i was on suicide watch for a good 48 hours..)

i lived with it for about a week until i finally got up the guts and called and asked if he could fix it. (i have NEVER done that before, but i had spent too much money to hate it as much as i did..)

So i went back in and he 'fixed' it.
4 1/2 inches later.... my long hair was not so long anymore.
ok...so its still long.... just not as long....
and its still not as good as it was the very first time he cut it...

SO...... do i go back next time i need a trim and give him another chance?? or do i cut my losses and continue my search...
am i being to critical?
am i a brat?
should i relax and stop whining?

probably.
possibly.
maybe.
yes.

maybe i should cut it short again...
LONG (before the quote, unquote, trim)











sorta SHORT (with britt and shasta, girls i love!)
(its been shorter, but cant find a decent pic of it right now...)









thoughts? ideas? inspirations? dreams? wishes? hopes? desires?

10 comments:

Ruth said...

At the risk of sounding like a super cheese ball (mmm, yummy) you really do look good with long or short hair!The only reason to be sad is if your hair grows insanely slow (like mine)and you really wanted it to stay long. Otherwise, just enjoy a fun change and know that your hair will be in no time. As far as a second chance? I dunno...it's risky.
(you ask forever ago what camera I have- it's a Canon 40D. I LOVE it)

Stephanie said...

I would probably go somewhere else, unless you just love the stylist. My advice to you for next time, when you get a hair cut you absolutly love, take many different pictures of it so you can refresh the stylist memory. They do have a lot of clients come through and they may not always remember exactly what they did the last time for you.

Hiatt Family said...

I would go to someone else. It took me FOREVER to find someone who made my hair look presentable. And I'm never disappointed with her. Sometimes it is worth it to be picky. :) And you honestly do look good with both short & long hair. Most people don't, but you definitely do!!! Good luck!

amberdp21 said...

Long or short looks way hot on your gilry! :)
The long looks sweet and stylish, the short looks sassy and fun. :) But either I'm sure you've rocked with your stellar personality. I do agree though, it's worth it to be picky. I love when Koe does my hair.
She always cuts a little, then more if you want, never a 4 inch trim without you knowing each process :) Not sure if she's taking new clients or anything, but I always talk her up. She's cut mine & I loved it. I'm just a punk and don't take the time to keep going back.
So unless you have ties to this hairdresser, either give him another chance with pictures of it, or kick him to the curb & find someone new.
good luck beautiful!

Cheryl Elmer said...

Nobody listen to Jenn. It really isn't that short and it still is really cute. Short or long...you are rad!

Ashley said...

I think you look great! So sorry to read about your experience that is terrible. Was he mad that you had asked to have it redone? I think you did the right thing, you go girl! Love ya!

Kachelle said...

have koe cut your hair. she's awesome! and i'm totally protective of my hair so i understand you being upset!

Adam and Jess said...

As a stylist, I've gotta comment. I do feel bad that you had to lose 4 1/2 in. to correct what the problem was! What happened? I would want to fix a client's haircut though. There are some that no matter what you do, they aren't happy, but that doesn't seem like the case with you if his last haircut was fine. I think he deserves one last try, but 2/3 times if you're unhappy, I'd find someone new. Take pictures of your hair to remind him if it's been a while.

Janae said...

I'm sure it looks cute & thinking that you might be a little too hard on yourself (case in point... your comments on your bangs at the new years party... still not sure what the problem was). Both long and short look cute on you. You can't go wrong.

Shums said...

Hey Jenn, It was good to see you last night! I didn't know how else to get ahold of you! Here is the website where I got my car seat cover. www.hautebebe-boutique.com Hope that helps!