Friday, September 11, 2009

you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince

and i'm not talking about my husband...
intrigued?

the story goes as follows:

i am PICKY about my hair...
now it may not look like it from photos on this blog because my hair has been ignored for too long..
i have been in search of 'the one'.

after a long loving relationship with mike, i called up the salon to schedule an appointment, when they dropped the bomb on me that he no longer worked there.
i had no idea he was leaving. he left without saying goodbye.
i wept.

after being carelessly dumped by mike, my broken heart and bad hair were in search of someone to fill his shoes.... his stylish fashionable shoes....

i searched high and low for over 3 years.
hair cut after hair cut.
this one too short, that one too poofy, most of them just not right.
tears were cried.

i decided to take a break.
my poor hair had suffered greatly and just couldnt take it anymore.
i had stopped trying.

on a whim, (and after cussing out my hair that morning)
i decided to give it one. last. chance.
and thats when i found him.

jeremiah.

his name rings music in my ears, and his scissors make my hair have wings (but not literally, that was out in the 70's).

my life is whole once again.
no longer will i walk the streets with split ends and a tear in my eye.
no longer will my hair go unloved and unkempt.
i can start living.

today, i jennifer krummenacher, have found my hair soulmate.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Remember when you first put that blaze in the front of your hair? At Salon Divo in Cedar City... Good Times... egg salad sandwiches, our neighbor Julian, the guy that laughed like a snake(i forget his name) ss ss ss ss ss, Shasta's roller skate work outs, Hub-ubing it up at Dixie and James', random indie-movie rentals, pedifiling at the Utah Games, the Grind... we were silly.

Shums said...

i am totally jealous.

Bobbie Jean said...

i think we're gonna need some pictures to go along with this tender, heart renching story.... I wanna see the magic this so called Jerimiah performed. loved the story by the way I have a simular problem but no "hair prince" to fill the void.

Cheryl Elmer said...

I am glad you are at peace again.