Saturday, September 5, 2009

the windy city

after the wedding, we were able to go spend a day in chicago with my uncle richard and aunt kathy and grandma and grandpa.
in chicago the following events took place:


met forrest gump at the bubba gump shrimp co.
he loved me because my name was jenn..... jenny....
dirty chicago hot dogs


they looked disgusting to me, so i just got mine drenched in cheddar cheese.
=heaven.

what the...?????
we have no idea...

the big giant bean.


unfortunately we didnt get many good pictures of it.
a HUGE rainstorm hit out of nowhere and they made us leave the premises faster then i could blink. apparently its a huge lightning rod.

finished the day at lou malnatis.
last time we were in chicago, we asked a garage tennant where the best chicago style pizza was. we didnt want the touristy crap, we wanted real good chicago pizza and he sent us here.
it did not disappoint.
so we had to revisit it while we were there.
richard and cosmo.
both happy from a delicious meal.

a few things i learned about chicago:
1. its really clean. which surprised me
2. it really IS the windy city and my hair was not grateful.
3. parking is expensive
4. because of this, we walked. alot.
5. mother nature does not mess around when it rains there. i was DRENCHED
6. you DONT want to get lost in the bad parts of town...

3 comments:

Tiffany Matthews said...

That pizza restaurant was on Diners drive in's and dines last night and it looked really really good.

Tanner and Shasta said...

And you didn't bring me any pizza?

Tanner and Shasta said...

Oh and I'm so happy for Tyler! Can't wait to meet Lauren. I'm so sad I couldn't get up to Nephi for the open house.