Thursday, May 12, 2011

a letter to the kid

dear baby,

you are definitely your mother's kid and want to do things your own way.
believe me, i get it.
but will you please move around a little bit so that youre not laying with your head in my back and feet in my stomach. its not very comfortable and they say it will just get worse the more you grow if you dont change positions.
i know you can move, youre doing backflips like a crazy ninja in there.
if you could just do a little twist in one of those flips and reposition yourself, i'd be grateful.
the ultrasound tech laughed when she saw how you were laying, and told me you already danced to the beat of your own drum.
you will have years ahead of you to make me miserable.
just give in this time, and i'll give you ice cream for breakfast when you get here.
i love your little translucent ninja guts already.
love, mom


below is an artists renditioning of your position:
(click to enlarge)

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Congrats!!! (On the baby..not the baby laying sideways...). One of these days I would love it if you could take my family pics, e-mail me if it's something that we could make happen:
elsa15@hotmail.com

Cheryl Elmer said...

I love that the baby is already the boss of you! And we both know you don't hold up your end of the bargain...Hazel is still waiting for those peeps you promised her!

Drew & Danielle said...

Congrats to you and your little ninja :) I miss you crazy bunco girls!! Glad that you are feeling better now.