Wednesday, November 12, 2008

my sister, the artist (but say it with a thick snotty french accent so it sounds cool)

my lovely talented mother is the stake music chair lady person.
once a year she puts on a thing called "a night of classics".
it gives people from the stake an opportunity to share their talents.
the program starts out in the chapel where people play instruments and sing classical pieces.
then you move into the gym where people can display their art - painting, sculptures, stained glass, quilting, photography, scrapbooking, and the list continues.

so back to the title of the post-
this year, my little sister erika got to display her art.
erika never ceases to amaze me with her creativity. the ideas she comes up with and the way she executes those ideas has me in awe. she has such a fresh new awesome way to look at things. i'm guilty of stealing a lot of her artwork. i'm one of her biggest fans.
all the whimpey girls by erika's table
erika the artist, jenn, angela, alisha, and julia
(all the girls but mom! i think you can see the top of her head directly behind angela's head)
my awesome little brother michael and me
gotta love those dimples!

i went back to my parent's house afterwards and was greeted by this cute face ready to pose for a picture. i couldnt resist. brodie is starting to be a little chatter box, and will say your name a billion times until you pay attention to him.

4 comments:

elizabeth lawlor said...

man she is stinkin talented!! :) i tell her that all the time....
wish i could have been there!!

The Mom. said...

Jen! Hey girl! I love your posts. your sister is super talented! And your post about your lovely Frys experience was hilarious! I was rolling! Talk to ya later!

Thomas Family said...

What a cool idea. I love that. I've never heard of Classics night. That's awesome. Your sister is seriously talented.

Bobbie Jean said...

WOW THAT REALLY IS SOME AMAZING ART. I MEAN THAT OF COURSE IS COMING FROM A NO TALENT WHITE GIRL.. BUT THEY LOOK AWESOME!
HOW ARE YOU GUYS? I HOPE ALL IS GOOD DOWN SOUTH.. HAPPY THANKSGIVING..