Thursday, November 6, 2008

a series of unfortunate events

no pictures with this post but this story was too good not to share.

tonight we took a little outing to frys.
it was a normal night, nothing too exciting or different from any other regular ordinary trip to the grocery store. we were standing in the self checkout line minding our own business, swiping the last of our purchases over the machine,

and thats when it happened.

out of no where this high school (maybe jr high? i can never tell anymore??) girl runs and jumps onto cosmo's back and wraps her legs completely around his body and her arms tightly around his neck. she might have thrown in a few kisses on his neck, but it happened to fast to really be sure of this.
cosmo turned around and faced me with a bit of confusion in his eyes.
i look at the girls face expecting to see someone i know, but nope. dont know her.
i say outloud to cosmo, who is still confused, "i have no idea who that is."
the girl sees me and hops off cosmo's back and turns him around to look at him.
COMPLETE HORROR comes over her face.

she had no idea who cosmo was.

faster then i could even think of something clever to say to make the moment even more awkward, she ran off to meet her friend on the other side of the checkout without saying a word.
cosmo stood there in complete shock and still a little confused about what had just taken place.
i was laughing so hard i couldnt even see straight or stand up. tears rolled out of my eyes. the poor girl walked away from our view in pure embarrassment grasping tightly to her friend with her head buried in her shoulder.
even now as i'm typing this i'm laughing just thinking about the looks on that girl and cosmo's faces.

pure entertainment at frys.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh!!! Ross and I were laughing hysterically, what an awesome story!!!

The Hansen Family said...

Hahahahahaha hehehehahha!! That's hysterical. One time my sister-in-law grabbed my father-in-laws butt but this topps that by a million times. Ahhhhhahaha... Awesome.

Anyway, here's the recipie for the french toast and syrup. I don't have the crepe recipie in my computer so I'll have to find it and type it up.

Orange Cinnamon French Toast

Loaf of Texas Toast
4 Eggs
1/2 C. Heavy Cream
1/4 C. Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
Grated rind from 1/2 orange

Combine all ingredients and wisk together.
Dip the toast into mixture. Brown on both sides
on griddle. Top with buttermilk syrup.

Buttermilk Syrup

1 Cube Butter
1/2 C. Buttermilk
3/4 C. Sugar

Put these ingredients in large pot and
melt over medium heat, stirring occasionally. (They're not kidding when they say large. Once you put the baking powder in, it foams up to like 6 times the size it was a minute before)
When it just starts to boil, add 1 Tsp baking
soda and 1 Tsp vanilla. Stir: it will foam up. (!!!)
Serve hot. Can be refrigerated for 2 weeks. (we have kept it longer than that and it's still fine)

Yummmm!

Tanner and Shasta said...

Very nice story. I myself have never been that entertained at our neighborhood Frys. That poor girl! I guess the only thing that could make her night worse or more embarrassing would be if she started making out with her friends arm in her sleep. THAT would be so embarrassing.

Ok REALLY? Obama? That's fine, the world has to end sometime so I guess it might as well be now. BUT if I have to listen to one more dumb a** celebrity talking about it, I will puke in my mouth. I do understand how you feel though.... Ok well maybe not but Tanner does. When he would watch the debates on tv he liked how Obama talked. Shhhh don't mention that part of the story to my mom.

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

What the crap!? That's a story for the record books! You know it's funny if I'm sitting here by myself in my house, LAUGHING OUT LOUD!! Could you guys do a recreation of it and put it on the blog please...