Thursday, July 30, 2009

*note to self:

trying to dress like a girl for work WILL get you the following comments from co-workers and bosses:

* "so cute! you look like a little 8 year old girl!"
(in her defense, i had a long piece of licorish that i was savoring while this comment was being made, and i have a blue plastic duck barrette in my hair that you cant see)

*"aww jenn, youre in a dress! you look like a mormon!" (this coming from my jewish boss)

*don-"oh man- can i take your picture?"
me- "what? why?"
don- "me and shawn were talking about little house on the prairie yesterday and you look just like that girl on it...whats her name?...ummmm..."
my boss ty- "laura. laura wilder."
don- "thats it! you look just like her in that dress. i gotta show everyone this"
*click from a camera phone*

this picture was taken in my kitchen after i got home as a re-enactment of the shameful event
the rest of the day everyone called me laura.

lesson learned for the day-
jeans and t-shirts may not be fancy, but they keep my huge ego safe.

6 comments:

Cheryl Elmer said...

You are the coolest person I know!

The Mom. said...

Bahahahah! I love it!

Unknown said...

atleast you didnt look like a wanna be gangster when you were a kid...i have a haunting past..haha!

Unknown said...

what the...this is erika. i dont know why it says michael

Unknown said...

haha classic jenn pose! love the laura wilder dress and i think you look cute in it!

elizabeth lawlor said...

HAHAH...oh jenn...