Monday, September 22, 2008

can i have s'more please?

i have been craving smores for a while now, so i convinced my family that it would be a good idea to go out in the desert and roast marshmallows and hot dogs! mmm!
i figured since it was september the nights would be cooler, but i was wrong.
(see previous post about me hating the weather..)
it was still a little warm so we sat far away from the fire. i think it was the first time i have ever started sweating while roasting a marshmallow. it kinda takes the magic out of it... but we still had fun!
cosmo and dad setting up the fire

the roasters: julia, alisha, and erika
dad, mom, michael, and brodie's head
jenn and cosmo
and brodie.
he was NOT happy until mom busted out the glow sticks and that kept him busy the rest of the time.
julia was a little spaztic eating her roasted marshmallow. but thats why we love her.
i finally got my smore! MMMMM

4 comments:

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

I am not envying your weather and that's a fact! What a great family to troop out to the desert to follow one of your 'crazy' ideas! :)

Dick&Erica said...

Ha Ha! You were all sitting around, sweating by the fire! That makes me laugh. Oh, silly Arizona. I have all these fall clothes for my kids to wear, but I feel like I shouldn't even pack them when we come on October. It will probably still be 100 degrees.

Your hair is getting so long!

Tanner and Shasta said...

I feel your pain. We went out four-wheeling Saturday night. We also did the campfire s'mores thing. I wanted to wear one of my sweatshirts and my boots. Nope just jeans and a t-shirt and I was sweating the entire time. Even when we were riding the fourwheelers.... Ok that sweat was out of sheer fear that tanner's driving was going to kill me.

Unknown said...

looks like you guys had fun! your family is so cute and i love the picture of brody!! your hair is getting so long! we need to get together sometime soon.