Tuesday, September 30, 2008

yay for me and my birthday part 2

i woke up on my birthday to the sound of cosmo singing happy birthday to me and carrying breakfast. waffles with strawberries and whip cream. mmmmmm....
i blew out the candle and made a wish, and the day began!
if you notice, the waffles are blue, and they are on a blue plate.. see previous post for the explanation on this...

along with a few other gifts: a vintage metal stawberry shortcake lunchbox! and dexter season 2, cosmo took me on a shopping spree. i think he immediately regretted it...
here are my 3 favorite stores.

i've found that its hard to find things to buy when i know i have $$$ to spend.
why is that? when i'm broke, i can find TONS of things i want!

after dragging cosmo around town, we went out to dinner with some friends to joe's farm & grill.
good food and great company

left to right: ashley, josh, me, and wood
cosmo, me, cheryl, and travis
yes, i have suspenders on. they were one of my great finds of the day! i got made fun of relentlessly, but i know they were all secretly jealous.

i know everyone says they have the best husband ever, but i really do.
i would fight you for it, but i'm kinda a wuss, so just take my word for it.

ash, me, and cheryl
i love these girls.

so birthday #26 was a huge success!!
thank you to everyone that called and text and posted birthday wishes!
and for those that forgot, or thought your 1 year anniversary was more important..not naming names....shasta..... you are dead to me. you can redeem yourselves next year on sept 27th 2009.

4 comments:

Kristina Rich said...

ahhhhh... the life of newlyweds. Enjoy while you still can.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Dick Smith said...

Happy Birthday Jen. You're old. I can't believe you let jon cook for you. Did you know that he can't even cook a pop tart? It's been documented. You guys are coming to visit. Oh good. Kick your husband in the tenders for me and tell Bert I said hello.

Unknown said...

looks like you had a fun birthday! how is joe's grill? i've always wanted to go there but havent had a chance! glad you had your shopping spree. Ross gave me money for my bday to do the same thing! i love going shopping! glad you had a great day!

Tanner and Shasta said...

If it makes you feel any better we made the wrong choice and should have come to you b-day instead of going to Laughlin. The trip didn't go as planned. Next time we go alone!! Oh well I'm glad your day was good! I'm sad I couldn't hang out with you girls. We'll still do something for your b-day, I'll call you!