Sunday, September 7, 2008

oh how the mighty have fallen. hang 'em up!

let me start off by saying that i do not condone violence in the least.
and with that being said, it is out of character for me to have anything to do with this.
but i'll say it- i love watching UFC. (ultimate fighting championship)

once a month, we go over to our good friend travis and cheryl's house to watch the big fight. last night was one of these fights.

here is a background to the events that are about to take place:
EVERYONE loves chuck "the iceman" liddel.
(fun fact: i sat by his little brother Sky on a plane from new york. he is about the same size as me and is a stock broker. he got my number. once again- yes. i'm cool.)
i think he's a tool. (chuck liddel, not his brother) probably because everyone loves him so much.
i have to pretend that i like him so cheryl will let me come over, but once i'm inside her house, i can let my true feelings out because i could probably almost beat her in a fight. so trash talk is fair game.

last night everyone's favorite guy chuck was fighting sugar rashad evans.
now i dont really have an opinion about evans one way or the other, but i HAD to root for him based on the sheer fact that he was fighting liddel.
cosmo, travis, and cheryl and 80-something% of america (based on the poll they kept showing on the screen) KNEW chuck would win.
and then this happened:

yup.. you see it right. there is your hero lying TKO'd on the ground.
not moving at all.
OUT COLD.
evans caught him with an amazing solid shot to the chin, and it was lights out.
they replayed it over and over and over again. thats when i had to grab my camera and take a picture of this joyous event.
my shouts of joys and "HA! HA! HA!"'s were exchanged with angry glares from around the room.

here is cheryl showing her displeasure, and me grinning ear to ear.
victory is sweet

notice that no one, except for myself. looks very happy.

here is another shot of chuck liddel falling, just in case you wanted to see it again.

our friends travis and cheryl. they are nice.
hopefully they will let us come over again after my little "I WIN" spectacle.
and hopefully they can admit that chuck "the iceman" liddel is old and needs to throw in the towel.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

We watched this Saturday night at my friend James' place. I don't follow the UFC much, the pay per view every month is fun. Everyone brings food and it's a good old time.

I was shocked when Liddel went down, but man that was something else.

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

I love Liddel! I guess we can agree to disagree...:)
Noone out here in this great state is very into the UFC...at least not around us...and we miss it! I'm a huge Matt Hughes and Forrest Griffin fan!

Glad you got to revel in your victory...sad I missed the whole thing!

cosmo and jenn said...

oh.. i hate matt hughes too. but i love forrest griffin!

Kristina Rich said...

Okay, this is funny. As I am reading this post I can hear Judd watching UFC in the background. He watches it like every day. I have to admit, I was way into it before, but now all the fights look the same to me. My favorite is Forrest. I think he's hot, in a goofy, big eared sort of way. I hate Matt Hughes too. I think he's a cocky grease ball. There is another hot one though, Roger Huerta. We'll have to get together and watch some time!

Anonymous said...

so i have no idea what you're talking about, but you guys have SO much fun! I'm so glad we'll be able to keep updated with your blog.

Dick Smith said...

hmm. cool about the fighting. did cosmo ever tell you about how i would beat his bum (we don't say ass) all over the place when we were roomies? it's a known fact. it is also a known fact that it is not cool to capitalize any letters in a blog comment. and you are a looser for photographing the television (i can say that because i too have such photos on my blog).

mY dEwDrOpS said...

this is katie dew, i'm adding you to my blog page, if you don't mind. mine is mydewdrops.blogspot.com, but email me at pitwithbell@hotmail.com with your email and i'll invite you to mine cuz i'm private. is your cheryl friend's maiden name woods? she looks familiar, and like the woods kids i know.